Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Buying frenzy

Been doing quite a bit of online shopping lately. Bought my textbooks. They have all arrived, but one of them has a huge cut across the cover (about 10cm long), as if someone cut something using a penknife on it. (so heartache for the book, which is otherwise brand new). I had to return it to the seller, who is giving me a full refund, thankfully. In the meantime, the price of the same textbook has gone up by about $3, like in a stock market...

My happiest purchase is that I bought a pair of Aldo shoes for $18!! Wooohoo! Thank goodness for clearance sales.

Now, I just have to hope that I am indeed a US size 7.

National day, on the other hand, went by uneventfully. No, we didn't wake up at 6am to catch the NDP parade. But we did watched the National Day Message by our PM, as well as the one by opposition SDP. The latter was quite cringe-worthy. Sometimes I wonder how long the Chee siblings can keep up with this. Perhaps they truly believe that all Singaporeans are government-fearing citizens, and they are the only ones brave enough to step up and say something. Never mind all the lawsuits thrown at them -- all the more they will appear as martyrs in the common man's eyes, or so they hope.

No comments: