Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween...

For us, it was a non-event. But we found out that parents really put in a lot of effort to make their children happy on this ghostly holiday. Picking out costumes for their kids... Bringing them around to collect candy in the cold... Quite a sacrifice, if you ask me.

Come to think of it, I cannot think of any other "Western holiday" that our neighbourhood participates in more fervently than Halloween. It goes to show that the combination of kids, candy and costumes is a powerful force which parents cannot say no to.

Apparently all my piano kiddos have costumes - robots, princesses, squirrel, pumpkin. The twins were so proud of their candy collection that they brought their buckets to show me. They were really generous, giving me a Kit-Kat and a Reese. In return, I gave them some Hershey Kisses. And then when their dad asks them if they will like to offer me one more piece of candy, they immediately said no. It is so funny to see how important candy is to a kid.

No comments: