Monday, November 19, 2007

Pots #2

Remember this pot?


Well, after glazing, it turned out like this:

I glazed it with two layers of Moody Blue, and that totally obscured the turquoise pattern that I wanted... now Moody Blue is not the only one who is moody...

Haiz... on retrospect, I should have just glazed it in clear glaze.

And here is another pot:

Three different colours appeared after glaze firing. I used Auburn and Whip White. The overlapped portion gave me the third colour. It is interesting to note that the order in which the glazes are administered will also determine how the colours will turn out. Next time, I will reverse the order and see how it goes... :)

This week is Thanksgiving week, so there is no pottery lesson. Will wait till next week to get more pots done!

1 comment:

Thanuja Jayalath said...

wow, those are nice and creative. Seems you are getting the best out of the class..