Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Teriyaki Rice Burger

Went to eat Mos Burger with SS's mum just before I returned to the US. Coincidentally, we both love the Ebi Rice Burger, and ordered the same thing. She was the one who suggested that I can try making this in the US, so I bought a round mold (those that are used to make sunny-side-up eggs) to make the rice patty.



I prepared the rice-patty a few days before hand, by shaping it and searing it on the pan with a bit of oil. On the day itself, I steamed it. The result was a very crumbly rice patty. Maybe we should have just microwaved it? SS says that the Mos Burger rice is tastier. Next time we may try and add a bit of seasoning (anyone has any idea what the secret ingredient is?) to the rice.

The teriyaki chicken was done using the recipe from Harumi's Japanese Home Cooking, using home-made teriyaki sauce, which is soooo much tastier than store bought teriyaki! And it is so easy to make! Just soy sauce, mirin and sugar. I will never buy teriyaki sauce again!


Next time, we shall try to make the Ebi! Until then, I am still praying for a Mos Burger outlet to magically appear somewhere near our place.


No comments: